POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Human skin : some new experiments : Re: Human skin : some new experiments Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:25:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Human skin : some new experiments
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 15 Feb 2005 07:52:32
Message: <4211f090@news.povray.org>
Rene Bui wrote:
> I never tried interior fading (I'm definitely a poor newbie !)

   I tried everything I can figure... but at the end this simple setup
was the most uniform in behavior.

> Make me think that skin is a very very inconstant material.
> Sure it depends on what person (age, sex, ethny), what lighting etc.

   Yes... it's perhaps too complex to have a simple setup to behave well
in all situations... but we can keep trying. ;)

> I don't want to make a scientifically perfect skin, but if we can do just
> something *plausible* I would be very happy !

   Me too!

> Well, go back to test now with your media setting. ;-)

   No doubt... ASAP. I should try an idea I got after your mention of
using a double mesh... ;)

--
Jaime