POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Oval Box : Re: Oval Box Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:28:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oval Box
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 14 Feb 2005 19:06:56
Message: <42113d20$1@news.povray.org>
"Jeremy M. Praay" <jer### [at] questsoftwarecom> wrote in message

> "Ross" <rli### [at] everestkcnet> wrote in message
>>
>> very much so. great texture too. however, what are those artifacts on the
>> bottom left corner of the lid? they look like they sort of continue all
>> around the bottom edge of the lid, but are more noticeable on the left
>> side.

> Maybe I need to check my max-gradient or something (though I always
> thought that led to black spots).

Increasing the max_gradient only made more spots appear, which had me
puzzled for a bit.  Eventually, I realized that it was creating a ring
around the object (like Saturn), and it just so happened that it was right
along the bottom, which corresponded to the bottom of the
pigment-image_map-heightfield-thing.  Adjusting "contained_by" by an
extremely small fraction fixed it.

I guess it was something similar to a coincident surfaces problem.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com