POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: Dire Passage : Re: Dire Passage Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:21:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dire Passage
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 14 Feb 2005 03:22:24
Message: <42105fc0@news.povray.org>
"Marc Jacquier" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> schreef in bericht

> > Hi all,
> >
> Hey! that's great!

Thanks a lot Marc!

> I don't know exactly why but your image has a painting or quality comics
> look. ( the faded colors maybe?)

I tend to end up mostly with rather faded colors. Must be an unconscious
preference :-)
but yes, I agree that it gives that impression.

> I'm very proud to see my sea can take part to your work :-)

Well! Only natural, as your sea is the best (IMHO) I have yet found.

> The only advice I can give is may be the foam is still not quite
convincing.
> Is it really necessary under this carribean blue sky?

Well, consider this to be the day following the storm. I have experienced a
few times things like this: clear skies and still rough seas.
There is still a problem with the foam. John Gwinner rightly stressed this
too. I have not found yet a way to make the foam stick preferentially to the
wave tops, although I use exactly the same function for the sea as for the
foam. Hmmm... work to do  ;-)

> Tot ziens
                Insgelijks!

Thomas