POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : blob man : Re: blob man Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:19:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: blob man
From: Chris B
Date: 11 Feb 2005 06:39:22
Message: <420c996a$1@news.povray.org>
"John D. Gwinner" <joh### [at] cornelledu> wrote in message

> How much memory do these all take?  I'm trying to model a city and would
> like to stick some walking people at a distance all around.  However, I'm
> pusing 1.5M as it is, so I need something sparce.  I had been thinking of
> using some low rez mesh models, would the blob people be less RAM?
>
>         == John ==

The Blobman 4 sample scene contains 6 people and showed a 'peak memory used'
of 45MB (rendering in 4 minutes on my machine). I think a lot of that is
down to the type of hair selected, because this represents a large
proportion of the number of objects. If your people will be at a distance
then you can use the simplest type of hair.

Easiest way is to download a copy and spend a few minutes playing around to
see if it does what you want. The zip file isn't very big.

Chris B.