POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP - Nice View (dome city on Mars) : Re: WIP - Nice View (dome city on Mars) Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:43:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP - Nice View (dome city on Mars)
From: John D  Gwinner
Date: 11 Feb 2005 02:13:15
Message: <420c5b0b$1@news.povray.org>
"Mark Birch" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.420c5398882e570b81aa40180@news.povray.org...
> Terrific image! Lots of detail & strong colours.

Thanks!

> How are you making the dome though? The shape looks kinda distorted in
> some
> places.

It's from the 'domenator' plug in for Moray  - it's a hemesphere with
'windows' cut down in 4 quadrants, which is the 'distortion' you are
commenting about.  It 'dips' lower in the gap between the two sets of
buildings.

I've been looking at it for so long I forget it's not obvious from the
inside what it looks lile.  I'll post a picture from the outside when I get
some bugs fixed.

> Also,I would give the 'screens' a base to fix them to the railing, done in
> the same texture as the railing, sort of like this:
Wow, that's great feedback!

Thanks for the screen image, they are a little stark.  The texture is sort
of messed up so I have to work on them anyway.

Actually, that looks nice, how did you do it?  The bottom half almost looks
like a cylindrical blob.

        == John ==