POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : tracking simulation : Re: tracking simulation Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:19:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: tracking simulation
From: Lance Birch
Date: 11 Feb 2005 00:12:31
Message: <420c3ebf@news.povray.org>
"Colin" <kla### [at] essexacuk> wrote in message news:420bb2e2@news.povray.org...
> Hi,
>
> There is a post with the same subject in the general discussion. And
> here is the real snap shot and the image generated by povray.

Hi Colin, I think we need some more detail about what you are doing so that we
can help.

Obviously you have the tracking working correctly with the image from the
camera, and the tracking software is giving you a camera position as its output?

Are you then attempting to use that position as a camera location in POV-Ray, to
produce an image that will have the targets in the same positions as seen by the
real camera?

If that is what you are trying to do, then the discrepancy probably is caused by
your camera definition in POV-Ray.  You will need to check the specifications
for the lens of your camera so that you can determine what settings should be
used in POV-Ray to simulate your real camera's field of view and focal length.

It appears, also, that your POV-Ray camera is looking directly forward - are you
sure that this is correct?  What output does the tracking software provide - a
camera position and a look-at position, or a camera position and a direction, or
something else?

Lance.

thezone - thezone.firewave.com.au
thehandle - www.thehandle.com