POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP - Nice View (dome city on Mars) : Re: WIP - Nice View (dome city on Mars) Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:39:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP - Nice View (dome city on Mars)
From: Slime
Date: 10 Feb 2005 15:59:07
Message: <420bcb1b$1@news.povray.org>
> Thanks, I'll post something tomorrow with Rad+AA.  I tried AA+0.3 on
another
> machine without radiosity and didn't think it looked that great.

Hmm, try +A0.2 or even +A0.1 if you don't think you're getting good
anti-aliasing. You may also have the problem that some features are so thin
that you're missing parts of them, and this can only really be solved by
rendering at a higher resolution and scaling down, or by using +A0 which is
undesirable. Hmm, focal blur with a tiny aperature might also work, since it
performs a more random type of anti-aliasing...

> Do you think the photons did anything?  It'll cut the render time in half
if
> I don't use them, although I think the 'vator didn't have the photon block
> in it (the primary focus was the reflective buildings).

I don't notice any photon effects offhand, but it's too hard to tell without
seeing a non-photon render. Try it without photons and see if it looks good.
There's no point using a feature if you don't need the effect that it
provides.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]