POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : It's leaking!! : Re: It's leaking!! Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's leaking!!
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 10 Feb 2005 13:48:41
Message: <420bac89$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:

>> Wings3D seems to be becoming a mainstay here...
>

>   Time is always against me Mike. I find Wings helpful.

I like wings :) Though I haven't 100% gotten the hang of doing a perfect
model. I've just noticed that a lot of people are using Wings nowadays.
I'm not one of those that insist on doing everything in SDL. You can do
things that would be very difficult w/o a modeller like Wings.

>   It's a normal function played around with, and increasing the IOR to
> 1.55:

Ridged Multifractal... I've been playing around w/ that function lately,
and heter_mf and can't seem to get "perfect" results w/o a lot of trial
and error. The water scene I recently did used both, but I'm not happy
with the surface of the water, and still not 100% satisfied w/ the
mountains.

--
~Mike

Things! Billions of them!