POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC WIP - Long way from Home (70kbu) : Re: IRTC WIP - Long way from Home (70kbu) Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:23:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC WIP - Long way from Home (70kbu)
From: Jim Charter
Date: 6 Feb 2005 09:47:32
Message: <42062e04$1@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:
> "Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message
>
>>> and more texturing is required for the landing platform at the
>>>front
>>
>>And that building that's curving away I think
>>

> Aaahhh. That particular building is givine me more trouble than any other. I
> like the shape of it but I can't work  out what else I'm going to do to it.

Yes there is something odd about it.  I like it too.  It adds spatial
drama to the scene but the windows seem to not quite diminish correctly
in space.  In part I think it is the frames of the windows. The tops
don't appear to follow the curve of the top of the building.  But it is
also the texture of the wall.  It seems too even and we can't really see
it diminishing in space. I presume it does but our eye can't pick that
up.  I was thinking that a little grunge might appear to lie flat on the
wall more.  The pure noise you have now just seems to kind of hover in
space. It may in fact be a real illusion that would happen with such a
building in real life.  But in your picture it doesn't deliver the
spatial drama the eye wants.