POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Boli (29 Kb) : Re: Boli (29 Kb) Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:20:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Boli (29 Kb)
From: Jim Charter
Date: 5 Feb 2005 18:28:09
Message: <42055689$1@news.povray.org>
Rafal 'Raf256' Maj wrote:
> jrc### [at] msncom news:4204f2e5@news.povray.org
>
> Very realistic :)

Thanks.

> What was formula of distortion of surface? Somethinkg like
> +f_crackle(x,y,z) ?

Based on crackle yes but I defined the function on a pigment so I could
use the pigment_map to manipulate the profile. Leaving out the
turbulence manipulators*, the main idea was this:
Two instances of the crackle at scale .6 are averaged.  One is a map of
tones designed to raise the edges of the cells to form "flakes", the
second is a map of scaled down instances of crackle. Their scale changes
across the cell of the larger crackle with the scale getting smaller
towards the "raised" edge of the "flake".  Also the inner crackle cells
are toned to form humps rather than hollows.

function {
  pigment {
   average
   pigment_map {