POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pinball fun... "Imminent" : Re: Pinball fun... "Imminent" Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pinball fun... "Imminent"
From: Marc Jacquier
Date: 4 Feb 2005 10:00:25
Message: <42038e09@news.povray.org>

news:42036176@news.povray.org...

> What *might* make a difference is the speed that the shutter opens.  If it
> opens slowly relative to the "shutter speed" then the "weighting" of the
> instantaneous image will be lower at the beginning and the end when the
> shutter is only partially open.  But seeing as shutters can open at 1/4000
> second, I doubt it would make much visible difference.

Don't forget that curtain shutters don't expose the whole picture surface at
the same moment: at high speed, it is merely a narrow slot between 1st  and
2nd curtain that sweeps across the film window.
BTW isn't the eye model  with its Persistence Of Vision better than
photographic model?
Image fades smoothly from retina in roughly 1/25 sec so last image should be
stronger than 1st

Marc