POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Venice building : Re: Venice building Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:26:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Venice building
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 3 Feb 2005 11:20:29
Message: <42024f4d@news.povray.org>
Hi there!

I'd say the top floor is designed completely different than the rest, and it
sticks out (to me at least). The others are more rectangular, geometric,
whereas the top floor is curvy, lots of ornaments, even colored walls! That
may be what you can find somewhere, but to me this looks strange. And for
images, you either need to create a true photorealistic look, or you need to
dive into styles and doing some things over the top to not only underline
that the Art is CG, but also, that you're creating your own world of
artistry and style in an image.

If you're going for the first, then the image has too much CG quality to it,
and then it sticks out, if you're going for the latter, I'm missing the
context of the remaining image to judge appropriately.

But that's just my 2 cents, whereas your own oppinion, as the artist, is
worth much more. :-)

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>