POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mesh construction (WIP?) : Re: Mesh construction (WIP?) Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:23:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh construction (WIP?)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 2 Feb 2005 18:57:07
Message: <420168d3@news.povray.org>
> I suppose I should ask, do you (either of you) use mesh2 or
> mesh?

Well, I tend towards mesh2 as long as the surface is easily to be
constructed. I'm working my way up towards more complex meshes, though
there's is some limit to what you can do using only POV-Ray and meshes.
Sure, Shay is pushing the boundaries here, but his are all very geometric
shapes. Doing organic stuff is much more difficult.

Anyways, mesh2 is close to the Object-Format used by Poser and various other
apps. I'm thinking about having a go at obj-output, as this could make some
meshes available for external tools. E.g. when working with my newest app,
Silo, I could load a POV-Ray made mesh and place it for reference purposes
into Silo...

Regards,
Tim

--