POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Locked door [76K] : Re: Locked door [update:81K] Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:43:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Locked door [update:81K]
From: Jim Charter
Date: 2 Feb 2005 14:15:53
Message: <420126e9$1@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:
> Jim Charter wrote:
>
>> Now, you converted the map to a ( pattern? or pigment ? ) function
>> then used in a texture with a texture map, but this could have been
>> done equally with the image_map keyword, correct?
>

>   Hmmm... I don't know if I'm understanding correctly. I've done:
>
>   #declare f_im=function{pigment{image_map ... }}
>   texture{
>    function{f_im(x,y,z).gray}
>    texture_map{
>     [0 t_metal1]
>     [1 t_metal2]
>    }
>   }
>
>   were t_metal1 and t_metal2 also use the same file for the image_map.
> So I used both a function and the image_map keyword...

Sorreeeeee!  My mistake, I meant to say "image_pattern"

#declare T_Shiny = texture{...finish { Shiny } };
#declare T_Dull = texture{...finish {Dull} };

#declare T_Finish =
texture {
    image_pattern { jpeg "..." }
    texture_map {
      [0 T_Dull ]
      [1 T_Shiny ]
    }
}

But I think I answered my own question.  I suspect they would get
similar results.