POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Locked door [76K] : Re: Locked door [update:81K] Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:38:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Locked door [update:81K]
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 2 Feb 2005 13:37:52
Message: <42011e00$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter wrote:
> Now, you converted the map to a (
> pattern? or pigment ? ) function then used in a texture with a texture
> map, but this could have been done equally with the image_map keyword,
> correct?

   Hmmm... I don't know if I'm understanding correctly. I've done:

   #declare f_im=function{pigment{image_map ... }}
   texture{
    function{f_im(x,y,z).gray}
    texture_map{
     [0 t_metal1]
     [1 t_metal2]
    }
   }

   were t_metal1 and t_metal2 also use the same file for the image_map.
So I used both a function and the image_map keyword...

--
Jaime