POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : the difference : Re: the difference Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:35:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: the difference
From: Shay
Date: 31 Jan 2005 14:48:50
Message: <41fe8ba2$1@news.povray.org>
Jeremy M. Praay wrote:
> "Shay" <ema### [at] yourhostcom> wrote in message
>
>>SDL Routine that creates a mesh.
>>

> Just curious:
> Is this your preferred way of doing something like this?  Or was it
> because meshes are more memory effecient?  Or is it due to something
> else, like texturing?

This is my preferred way. Texturing and freedom with the shape mostly.
Render time would have been impossible using CSG.

> BTW, my "Do something with it" comment was meant to imply that I hope
> p.b.i. is not the only place that this model/render shows up (Zazzle?),
> but my post sounded like I meant something else.

Not to me. I think I got the right meaning from you. This will
eventually end up hanging in a local pho(soup) shop. I think that
qualifies as "doing something with it". I've always been curious,
however, whether someone could pass off a picture on another CG board
and have no one realize that it was done in POV. Don't know anyone with
a membership on another board, however.

Thanks for the comments.

  -Shay