POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : the difference : Re: the difference Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:34:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: the difference
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 31 Jan 2005 13:48:16
Message: <41fe7d70$1@news.povray.org>
"Shay" <ema### [at] yourhostcom> wrote in message

> SDL Routine that creates a mesh.

Just curious:
Is this your preferred way of doing something like this?  Or was it because
meshes are more memory effecient?  Or is it due to something else, like
texturing?

I am curious, simply because I find myself often doing things and saying
"the heck with memory usage / render time!"  In other words, I have this
belief that if it takes a longer time to render, and uses lots of RAM, then
it should be better.  More of a subconscious thought, perhaps, since it's
not completely rational.  Just something I often find myself dealing with.

BTW, my "Do something with it" comment was meant to imply that I hope p.b.i.
is not the only place that this model/render shows up (Zazzle?), but my post
sounded like I meant something else.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com