POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Thank you everyone. Brought it around. : Re: Thank you everyone. Brought it around. Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:23:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Thank you everyone. Brought it around.
From: scott
Date: 31 Jan 2005 11:11:50
Message: <41fe58c6@news.povray.org>
Shay wrote:
> I had had the code for the pagoda image laying around for a while
> before I rendered and posted it last week. I was proud of it, but
> hadn't been excited about it in a while.
>
> Short story. The enthusiasm for the picture in this group was
> contagious, so I sat down Saturday and gave the whole thing the
> polish I think it deserved. Changed the lighting, fixed the
> background, added a much needed horizon, rendered with decent
> settings.

The lighting looks better, but IMO it still looks as if the contrast could
be higher.  I attached an image of what I think it should look like.  Of
course my judgement is probably wrong, but I just thought I let you see if
this looked any better or not.  What a great model though - has given me
inspiration to go and model something complex now!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'smallpagoda2.jpg' (80 KB)

Preview of image 'smallpagoda2.jpg'