POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : the difference : Re: the difference Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:38:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: the difference
From: Jim Charter
Date: 28 Jan 2005 21:13:55
Message: <41faf163$1@news.povray.org>
Shay wrote:
> Hand coded.

Mesh or primitives?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Procedural textures. Detail shot below.

A visual and technical feast!  Intellectually I would love to know how
this morphed out of the earlier abstractions.  Obviously there are
commonalities, but I feel there is something more too it.  For instance,
in the past you have expressed a,... distaste, for the idea of using
raytracing to recreate from a photo source.  So there is something
almost relaxed about this one.  The spatial achievements in your post
exactly previous to this looked mindbending to me compared to this.  Yet
I have done enough csg in loops to know there is some nasty stuff going
on here too. I know you are into martial arts and this architecture
looks Eastern.

There is the idea of pattern.  Then there is the idea of pattern in
space, tactile pattern.  This raytracing, and this architecture, ( it is
based on a real architectural style I'm assuming ) seems to embody that
idea particularily well.