POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : [Announce]: POVInclude V1.1.5 - Standard controls : Re: [Announce]: POVInclude V1.1.5 - Standard controls Server Time
18 May 2024 02:11:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Announce]: POVInclude V1.1.5 - Standard controls
From: Marc Jacquier
Date: 28 Jan 2005 10:26:16
Message: <41fa5998@news.povray.org>

news:41fa5366$1@news.povray.org...
> Marc,
> Thanks for the kind words .... and see what kind words do ... they make me
> work :-)
Cool :-)

> Now ... re: your request.  I think I see what you are asking ... how does
> the following sound.
>
> I will add a new POV-Include button in the Advanced section.  The button
> will be labeled "Code".  When you press the button, it will open a dialog
> into which you can explicitly enter POV-Ray code.  When you close the
> dialog, the text you entered will also be saved in the .MDL file.
>
> When you render a scene, the code you entered will be "inserted" prior to
> the "#include" for the included file.
>
> Did I capture it all?
>
> If I am missing something, please let me know.  I won't start this effort
> until I am sure I can provide exactly what you want.
>
> Neil

Well, the export side is exactly as you say.
Now the interface you mean needs a lot of opening ang closing  dialog boxes.
Once, it should be ok but when you are tweaking, it's better to have still
opened fields (I don't know if I'm clear)
All we need is fast access to ... say... 10 variables, so a foldable block
(foldable as transformation block for instance) in the modify tab of
POVinclude.
In this block, 10 input fields in which we may type "Variable_identifier=
expression" and your plugin will insert "#declare
Variable_identifier=expression;"  prior to
 the "#include" for the included file.
Do you get it? I don't know if it is easy to implement

Marc