POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : furry Fellow #2 (WIP) : Re: furry Fellow #2 (WIP) Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:22:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: furry Fellow #2 (WIP)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 27 Jan 2005 15:54:21
Message: <41f954fd$1@news.povray.org>
> Love the toes.

Thanks. Tried my best at making them kinda cute. :-)

> Even as a test bed this little guy is a lot of fun.

Yup, agreed. I'm finalizing on his topology, so that I can go ahead and
prepare him for some round-about rigging (Silo doesn't support bones [yet],
but it can put vertices and groups, so with a little tweakage I can do
forward kinematics and then tweak the results for visual artifacts).

> Can't wait  to see the final hair effects.

I hope to create some diverse possibilities. The hair itself is quite
limited, but I can of course raise the amount and work on the texturing. I
also want to experiment with modifying the surface-normals before sending
them to the macro to create something like hairstyles or such.

Actually doing different hair (e.g. curly one or such) will probably only be
prepared in a way that it can be added later on, but I'll probably leave it
at the current hair. What I want to add though is simulated hair using
springs, at least in way to have hair/body/object interaction to a limited
extent... Maybe that'll be an add-on to the add-on though...

Regards,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"