POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : stream output handling pb : Re: stream output handling pb Server Time
1 Jul 2024 00:53:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: stream output handling pb
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 27 Jan 2005 11:25:48
Message: <41f9160c$1@news.povray.org>
[quoting myself]
>> The &> syntax will only work on csh-based shells.

	Well in fact it's plain wrong, sorry.  Next time I'll check
the bash manual first  :-)

> In fact i just want to know when render is finished... I used to get ' rendering
line n f n' on one pipe
> and 'Click on window to exit' on the second one. Now i get 'rendering line n-m of n'
on the first one and
> nothing on the second one. I don't really need complete statistics...

	About the "rendering line m of n" being the last statistics
displayed: sorry but there's no workaround nor "bugfix" at the
moment.
	The "Click on window to exit" message is currently sent to
stdout, which is in fact a bug (it should go to stderr instead).
Thanks for pointing this out.  Unfortunately in your case there is
no way (at least that I know of) to workaround this problem.  Trying
to redirect both stderr and stdout in different ways seems to not
give what you need...

	- NC