POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Media Woes? : Re: Media Woes? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media Woes?
From: Slime
Date: 20 Jan 2005 21:11:23
Message: <41f064cb@news.povray.org>
Your lens is very thin. After a ray hits a transparent surface, I believe it
travels a slight distance ahead before it resumes testing for surfaces, to
avoid reintersecting the same surface. It's possible that this little jump
is longer than the depth of the lens, causing the ray to think it's still
inside the lens. This could mess up media. I also notice that your sky looks
different within the lens even in the first image. I'm not sure why this
would cause the lens in the second image to appear *darker*, but this may be
to blame in some non-obvious way. (This problem, if it is a problem, would
also cause your lens refractions to be incorrect.)

Try making your lens much larger and just moving it farther away to
compensate.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]