POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : wrapping it up (again) : Re: wrapping it up (again) Server Time
2 May 2024 14:45:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wrapping it up (again)
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 18 Jan 2005 21:02:04
Message: <41edbf9c@news.povray.org>
news:41ed08c4@news.povray.org...

>  But certainly if you render half of the image and then the other half
> as a separate render (with start/end row options) you will most probably
> get a visible line.

I'm assuming that this is because radiosity uses some sort of random numbers
in the generation of the data.  If that's the case, it might be a nifty
feature if the user could supply a "radiosity_seed Float" to ensure that it
used the same random seed.  Otherwise, the only alternative of which I am
aware, is to create the radiosity data in advance of the actual rendering.

Just a thought.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com