POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : wrapping it up (again) : Re: wrapping it up (again) Server Time
2 May 2024 11:00:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wrapping it up (again)
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 17 Jan 2005 13:50:43
Message: <41ec0903@news.povray.org>
news:41ebaf49@news.povray.org...
> Jeremy M. Praay <jer### [at] questsoftwarecom> wrote:
>> But...  If I recall correctly, using +C with radiosity was a problem in
>> 3.5.
>> Is that what you mean?
>
>  No. Using +C with radiosity was precisely not a problem with 3.5. If it
> is a problem with the current version, it's a bug.

I tried to prove you wrong (with version 3.5).  I set count to various
values (all the way down to 1) in a simple radiosity scene.  I started and
stopped it repeatedly but it worked just fine every time.  I even stopped
and restarted POV-Ray, and it still worked just fine.  I'm going to assume
that you are correct, and that I was remembering something else, such as
splitting-up a render across different machines.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com