POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Macros database : Re: Macros database Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:21:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Macros database
From: Yadgar
Date: 16 Jan 2005 10:27:48
Message: <41ea87f4@news.povray.org>
Jeremy M. Praay wrote:

> This "is" the database, or the closest thing you can get to it.  You can
> search the posts here via Google, but that's about all.

Yes, a p.b.i. database, perhaps even with interconnected p.b.s-f. and
povray.general... as I collect and archive postings of this group since
2000, I also day-dream about such a system - setting up an array of
standardized keywords and assign them to each individual picture, so
that via CGI, directories would be generated according to queries...
and, finally, a database-powered walk-through VRML PoV-Ray museum!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: Things can only get better, Extended Mix (Howard Jones)