POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Problem with option +ua : Problem with option +ua Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:22:29 EDT (-0400)
  Problem with option +ua
From: Nicolas Rougier
Date: 11 Jan 2005 16:27:27
Message: <41e444bf@news.povray.org>
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to re-make an old scene with a transparent background and
after trying different things, I realised that I was not getting the
same output depending on the use of the +ua option or not. I attached a
minimal scene with the two images.

Do you get the same ? Is it the expected behaviour ? And if so, what is
the explanation please ?

Nico

// povray +Iscene.pov +fn      +oscene.png
// povray +Iscene.pov +fn +ua  +oscene-ua.png

camera {
   location  <0,0,-3>
   look_at  0
   direction 1.5*z
   right     x*image_width/image_height
}

#macro Glow(Color)
   media {
     emission 1
     density {
       spherical
       poly_wave 5
       density_map {
         [0 rgb 0]
         [1 rgb Color]
       }
     }
     method 3
   }
#end

box {-10, 10 hollow}

sphere {
   0, 1
   hollow on
   pigment {rgbt 1}
   interior {Glow(<1.0, 0.1, 0.2>*44)}
}

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'scene.png' (18 KB) Download 'scene-ua.png' (18 KB)

Preview of image 'scene.png'
scene.png

Preview of image 'scene-ua.png'
scene-ua.png