POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Great Moments in Raytracing Blasphemy, I : Re: Great Moments in Raytracing Blasphemy, I Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:25:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Great Moments in Raytracing Blasphemy, I
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 8 Jan 2005 13:07:35
Message: <41e02167$1@news.povray.org>
"The season of the blob-man"?  ...and we wonder why Gilles doesn't always
release his sources...  ;-)

But on a serious note, I noticed that you made sure you "attributed" the
objects/scene to Gilles under the CC license by placing the notice of
attribution on the picture itself.  This is where I get fuzzy.  How/Where
must the attribution be made?  I doubt that Gilles is going to sue any of
us, but overall it's something I've wondered about.  My best guess would be
that the attribution simply has to be "somewhere".  It could be text
accompanying the image.

Or...  perhaps it brings up the whole 3D objects "use" issue again.  If
you're going to distribute it, then you must make an attribution.  If it's
simply used in an image, then you don't?  Or do you?  That's where I get
confused.

--
Legal Jeremy
www.beantoad.com