POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Human skin : SSS and faking method : Re: Human skin : SSS with skull inside (50K) Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:23:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Human skin : SSS with skull inside (50K)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 8 Jan 2005 11:58:31
Message: <41e01137@news.povray.org>
Rene Bui wrote:
> I would like to see more post about flesh in this newsgroup, it could be
> helpful for me or others. I went to Jaime's website, but he stop
> (temporarely) his skin experiments...

    Well, thanks to your insistence I restarted the skin experiments
again (at the expense of my POVCOMP entry, but the experiment was
interesting enough).

    I downloaded a skull from 3dcafe.com and imported it into Wings3D,
then merged the head and scaled and placed the skull inside. In the
POV-Ray scene I used the same media-SSS I was using, with a plain white
pigment for the skull inside. Here is the comparison attached (first
image with skull, the second hollow).

--
Jaime

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'cabeza-sss-1.jpg' (24 KB) Download 'cabeza-sss-1-no-skull.jpg' (25 KB)

Preview of image 'cabeza-sss-1.jpg'
cabeza-sss-1.jpg

Preview of image 'cabeza-sss-1-no-skull.jpg'
cabeza-sss-1-no-skull.jpg