POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Look like copper? : Re: Look like copper? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:23:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Look like copper?
From: St
Date: 8 Jan 2005 05:47:28
Message: <41dfba40@news.povray.org>
"Michael Raiford" <mra### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message

> A BB is rather small, and doesn't have very good mass, I need to add a bit
> of oxidation to the finish as well, I think.

     The oxidisation might be a tough one. If it's that kind of surface
you're looking for, then try a little green and grey in there too. Having
said that, it doesn't ring true for this image:

    http://crystalchild2.home.att.net/images/Copper.jpg

     I suspect though, that this sphere is an old beaten sphere that's been
lovingly handled through the years, and has kept a nice sheen. Still, it
gives a better idea of what your surface should look like.

    ~Steve~