POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Look like copper? : Re: Look like copper? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:21:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Look like copper?
From: Jim Charter
Date: 7 Jan 2005 22:02:53
Message: <41df4d5d$1@news.povray.org>
Slime wrote:
> Does copper really have such sharp reflections? Pennies sure don't.

I think most of the time, no, but then we have those examples of early
Roman copper mirrors and so on.  It can be polished up. Just like brass.
  We used to do this to the copper plates we used for etching.  We used
brass cleaner.  It really creates a mirror-like and deeply luminous
surface.  Slightest oil smudges from your fingers would stand out.  But
surface dings would look less like pocks and more like gouges where you
could see the metal displaced.  True pocks would fill in with grunge.