POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Look like copper? : Re: Look like copper? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:16:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Look like copper?
From: Michael Raiford
Date: 7 Jan 2005 21:14:21
Message: <41df41fd@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:

> "Neil Kolban" <kol### [at] kolbancom> wrote in message
>
>> Really nice ... but I didn't see condensation ... I see tiny chips and
>> dings...
>

>  I see that too. The thing with copper is that it's 'very' soft and what
> I would call 'draggy', (that metal 'moves'!) For me, the main copper
> sphere had rolled down a tarmacced road for a little while, but having
> said this, the weight of that sphere would also produce surprisingly
> larger dents too.

Hmm, I need to work on scale, I think.... Anyone ever have a BB gun when
they were kids? This is sort of the inspiration... A close-up look at a
copper BB. As I remember they tended to get a bit knurled at times. So
yes -- not condensation, but dings (I think the normal was actually
called "chinks" in the source file.)

A BB is rather small, and doesn't have very good mass, I need to add a
bit of oxidation to the finish as well, I think.