POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Architectural visualisation : Re: Architectural visualisation Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:24:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Architectural visualisation
From: GrimDude
Date: 5 Jan 2005 14:36:02
Message: <41dc41a2@news.povray.org>
Textures would be a great start. A cobble brick, perhaps, for the parking
spaces,  I think the blacktop would actually make a better sidewalk, and
then come up with something darker for the lot. Brick for the red areas of
the building, and perhaps marble or a cememtn for the gray sections.

Man, I despise flat roofs. When you render them you have to replicate the
gravel and that can be a pain to pull off properly.

What you have here is approximately what most architecural drafters
generate. The most recent move has been toward outside houses and more
photo-realism. I'll go ahead and tell you that photo-realistic results can
get you $1500/image accepted (or more depending on quality) and $135/frame
for walkthrough animations. There can be a lot of work generated in getting
there, so coming up with macros or programs to generate automatic output
greatly improves upon your profit.

Good luck.

- Grim