POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Architectural visualisation : Re: Architectural visualisation Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Architectural visualisation
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 5 Jan 2005 13:07:14
Message: <41dc2cd2@news.povray.org>
> The real reason why there are only two cars (second one not visible here)
is
> that I was unable to change the color for each car. It would look strange
> if the car park was full of blue cars only. Models exported from Poseray
> have only one big mesh with internal by-triangle texturing. So it is
> impossible to define separate texture for each copy of the object unless
> you parse the file many times (it takes too much time for me).

What you could try is to remove all texture definitions which would paint
blue on the triangles, an easy "Replace..." should suffice. Then, declare
the object once. If you now place it via object{Car}, you can put a texture
inside the object{} and it should get applied to all untextured objects.
This is more or less guesswork though, so it might have some side-effects.
But if it works, you can place several cars with different colors without
having to parse several large meshes.

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>