POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Architectural visualisation : Re: Architectural visualisation Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:22:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Architectural visualisation
From: GrimDude
Date: 5 Jan 2005 11:48:42
Message: <41dc1a6a$1@news.povray.org>
"Przemek Loesch" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.41dc103f7fd832bfb0aac12c0@news.povray.org...
> The real reason why there are only two cars (second one not visible here)
> is
> that I was unable to change the color for each car. It would look strange
> if the car park was full of blue cars only. Models exported from Poseray
> have only one big mesh with internal by-triangle texturing. So it is
> impossible to define separate texture for each copy of the object unless
> you parse the file many times (it takes too much time for me).
>
> Przemek

Yeah, I discovered this last night. It can be dealt with, but when you're in
that deadline 'crunch' the last thing you want to do is become a
data-editor.

This is the type of work that there is a large calling for, Przemek.
Especially, if you can gain a little more photorealism out of it.

Did you use straight AutoCAD, or Architectural Desktop? AD made me lazy
(ha!).

- Grim