POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Car paint [32+39+40K] : Re: Car paint [32+39+40K] Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:28:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Car paint [32+39+40K]
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 4 Jan 2005 07:16:05
Message: <41da8905@news.povray.org>
gonzo wrote:
> Erk? Gotta play around some with this...

   It has room for a lot of playing... depending on the colors to mix,
you will need to adjust the specular and the transmit values.

> I thought from some way back discussions in these newsgroups that finishes
> in layered textures always ended up being the last one used.

   No, that was normals. The tutorial even warns about not confusing it
with finishes... :)

> I've been making layered textures with a finish only on one texture. You
> mean that I could have been layering finishes too?

   Hmmm.... yes, sorry... ;) (I've suffered such "subconscious
assumptions" sometimes, even with the most obvious things).

--
Jaime