POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Happy Christmas... (7)? : Re: Happy Christmas... (7)? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:37:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Happy Christmas... (7)?
From: St
Date: 3 Jan 2005 19:18:01
Message: <41d9e0b9@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message
> St. wrote:
>

>>  In what way is it a strong image?
>
> The theme might be described as "patterns in space". It is a pleasing
> intertwining **made-made**

   Sorry Jim, I'm taking this as a typo, and I'm assuming you mean
'man-made'?

and the natural, 3D patterns which fill and
> define the space.  The image and the theme work well with your style of
> execution which emphasizes modeling and hard delineated surfaces. ( over
> media effects for instance )  So it is very satisfying how you use
> patterns like the tree foliage and flower clusters, or the rattan of the
> basket, the bricks of the wall, the filligree of the bench or the slats of
> the planter, to build up the density of the scene.

  Ah, the complicated bits, (well, apart from the planter-box, that is).
Yes, I like density in a scene. Cram it in. Give the viewer something to
look at. (Although, I really like clever, simplistic scenes too).

  You see those three knots on the front of the basket? Those three knots
were worse than the ivy. There was no way I could produce the amount of
knots that were needed to complete the basket - wings just can't deal with
really *heavy* models and those three knots were 'heavy'. ;)

  Side note: I'm naffed with losing my models so easily, but in reality, I'm
glad because I know I can do them again, and much better - I learnt from
them.

  What I lost from this project:

  The basket, (wipes sweat from brow...)  ;)
  The flowers, (crass, but the later image version was much better with
Daffodils instead of Iris').
  The beetle, (I loved that little dung beetle).
  The Blue Tit, (you wouldn't believe the hassle I had with that - well, yes
you would...)  ;)
  The Ivy, (man, that was trouble - try and duplicate the same, you'll see
what I mean)
  The Butterfly. (That was my pride and joy, I was 'really' happy with
that).
  The garden gloves!!!! Nooooo........!   Ah well...

 Thanks for enjoying this one, there's more to come, and hopefully, better.

  ~Steve~