POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Spooky Letters - 1 attachment : Re: Spooky Letters - 1 attachment Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:23:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spooky Letters - 1 attachment
From: Ross
Date: 3 Jan 2005 12:00:52
Message: <41d97a44$1@news.povray.org>
"Hershel Robinson" <her### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> This image is supposed to be letters floating over the water looking very
> mystical and mysterious. If you don't recognize them, they are Hebrew
> letters.
>
> Anyhow I am not happy with this image. The basic code was given to me (a
> few years ago) by someone with the initials JRG. I have since forgotten
who
> he is.
>
> If anyone can suggest any way to improve this image, I would be grateful.
>
> The code can be found here:
>
> http://galleryrobinson.com/shevisi.27.pov
>
> Thank you,
> Hershel Robinson
> Israel

i would make the water's texture less blue. water isn't blue really. try an
average of normals for the water. granite and ripples maybe? maybe scale the
ripples so the bands are more parallel to each other and move the center off
scene. for the sky, you could use a sky sphere maybe and use a gradient from
dusk color to night color. i think the letters look good, but if you want a
rock feel, maybe go with "normal {granite 0.1}" or something similar.

another thing for the sky, something i did in one of my images that i liked,
was to create little stars our of spheres, and as the position of the star
moved away from the horizon the pigment became a brighter white.