POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Car paint [32+39+40K] : Re: Car paint [32+39+40K] Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:21:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Car paint [32+39+40K]
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 2 Jan 2005 13:27:49
Message: <41d83d25@news.povray.org>
Maurice wrote:
> Very nice. Knowing your previous work, I expect that the "defects" near
> the phong highlights are probably due to the JPEG compression. Love to
> see the pictures at a higher resolution.

   No, these defects are the triangles of the car mesh, I think, showing
badly in some places.

> On a different note. Although they are not quite visible here, how do
> you make your numberplates?

   It's a height_field, as all I've found was a jpg image with all the
chars and numbers (in a site about miniature car modeling). The font
used in Spain is also very rare and I cannot find anything even remotely
similar...

> Great work,

   Thanks!

--