POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass thingy : Re: Glass thingy Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:20:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass thingy
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 2 Jan 2005 11:42:55
Message: <41d8248f@news.povray.org>
> Then, it may be that the high reflection value (0.9) make them almost
> invisible. The more reflective a surface is, the less it will show
> photons effects. That's the main reason why it's recomended to set
> collect off for highly reflective surfaces.

Additionally, check if max_trace_level for the photons is high enough to
actually reach the plane. If the glass object has lots of holes in it, a
photon won't pass through, but rather get stuck somewhere along the way.
Note that you can define different max_trace_level for photons and the
actual raytraced rays, but I'm unsure if they use the same keyword... You'd
have to look at the docs for that.

Regards,
Tim

--