POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Car paint [32+39+40K] : Re: Car paint [32+39+40K] Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:18:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Car paint [32+39+40K]
From: Maurice
Date: 2 Jan 2005 10:52:25
Message: <41d818b9@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:
> Just trying "impossible things" with POV-Ray... :)
>
> --
> Jaime

Very nice. Knowing your previous work, I expect that the "defects" near
the phong highlights are probably due to the JPEG compression. Love to
see the pictures at a higher resolution.

On a different note. Although they are not quite visible here, how do
you make your numberplates? Are they CSG or blobs? I'm especially
interested in the letters and numbers. I've been looking for a font that
mimics the dutch numberplate font, because I wanted to make customisable
numberplates. Haven't found one yet :-( It's a pity that every european
country uses it's own font.

Great work,
--
Maurice

Welcomes everybody to the fifth year of the century.