POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More Wings3D cars... [71 + 44 KB] : Re: More Wings3D cars... [71 + 44 KB] Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:24:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More Wings3D cars... [71 + 44 KB]
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 1 Jan 2005 11:59:07
Message: <41d6d6db$1@news.povray.org>
Rene Bui wrote:
> Who is this f.. guy, he let his car in the middle of the intersection during
> all night ?! ;-)

   No, he is just sleeping with the seat reclined and the automatic
pilot on...

> Seriously, this car is much better compared to your first one.

   Thanks... it has more details, and that just doubled the size (nearly
3MB now). But POV renders it pretty fast... and I think it doesn't need
more details for use on normal scenes, where it will not be the main
focus of the composition.

> Maybe the tires are too grey and a bit more specularity would be welcome.

   Yes, I will work on them... in fact they are old code barely recycled.

> But the environment is great ! TRICKS, TRICKS, TRICKS !
> Please, tell us MORE about it ...

   The setup consists mainly in boxes. The ground boxes are textured
with texture maps painted with the Gimp, using a photographic concrete
texture for the road entry. The buildings are textured with photos of
facades found on the internet, some cropped and with the perspective
corrected on the Gimp. The trees are of course POVTrees, they are not
part of the photos.

   On the day scene the lighting is done with Skylight+Lightsys, while
on the one at night the lighting is done (except for the car lights)
with radiosity from the facade photos with "ambient 1".

   There are no special tricks here... only classical well known tricks.
The only interesting thing I found, as usual by error, is that you don't
  need to use the leaves on the POVtrees when saving the radiosity on
the first pass. This saves a lot of time on the first pass and also
gives a very nice result on the final render, even in the shadows.

--
Jaime