POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Miss you - Wrapped : Miss you - Wrapped Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:16:05 EDT (-0400)
  Miss you - Wrapped
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 30 Dec 2004 12:05:42
Message: <41d43566@news.povray.org>
So girls and guys, this is it! The final image.

I've added a door and a small top window to the barn (even though the photo
reference doesn't have that) to add some roughly sketched detail to the
front. The color was subdued and made more brownish to fit within the
color-palette of the rest of the image. This way, it doesn't stick out
anymore and as such works fine for the background.

The fences got a little less "zigzagness" and some snow ontop (not made with
the Surcoat-Macros, but just placed on the top-vertices of the beams, which
are made of script-generated meshes). The far fence also has snow on top,
but the front side is actually due to a slope-map, not visible on the fence
in the foreground cause we're looking at them from the wrong side.

Some grass near the forest border, but didn't look too good near the main
tree, so I left it at that.

Clouds a little less dense, along with the moon receiving less light and
thus its less bright.

I forgot to raise the res on the foreground heightfield, a minor issue for
the final render of course. :-)

Comments and suggestions are appreciated, I want to see how well it is as it
is and if I can leave it at that.

IMHO, everything fits together nicely now, it isn't 100% photorealistic, but
it being the first *real* snowscene with a forest and all, I think I'm
satisfied with what I've achieved. I'll ponder the latest comments and
suggestions, maybe make the last tweaks, and will then set my PC on a
several day journey to render this image for print.

Regards,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"