POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Creation (320KB) : Re: Creation (320KB) Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:17:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Creation (320KB)
From: Alain
Date: 29 Dec 2004 10:45:04
Message: <41d2d100$1@news.povray.org>
andrel nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004-12-29 10:10... :

> Neil Kolban wrote:
>
>> Folks,
>> Be gentle :-)  This is my 1st post (other than the balls on checker
>> board).
>> I offer for your interest and comments.   Originally I was going to
>> create a
>> "God" like scene.  This would have been God's workbench with packets of
>> people, plans and animals in the scene.  But when I reached this
>> point, I
>> felt I wanted to leave it as it was.  I may come back to that idea in
>> the
>> future.
>

> Very nice idea. I am a bit surprised by the fact that on the flat
> maps your pieces correspond roughly to continents, except that
> you have (most of) the US as piece #9 and not the entire North America.
> Are you a US citizen perhaps?
>
> I am also not sure about the relative sizes of the US and Africa.
> The US is probably a bit too big. Are you a US citizen perhaps?
>
> Do you have your gletchers ready when you start creating Africa?
>
>     Andrel

On a flat square map the countries far from the equator are always to
big. The piece for the US is thus to large to fit on that globe, it also
should be bent. On the same maps, Europe, Australia, Canada and Rusia...
are also to big.

Alain