POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Miss you - WIP (Last update) : Re: Miss you - WIP (Last update) Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:28:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Miss you - WIP (Last update)
From: Jim Charter
Date: 29 Dec 2004 10:40:09
Message: <41d2cfd9@news.povray.org>
I love the addition of the barn.  I think it adds much to the picture
both compositionally and narratively.  The shadow seems a bit
disconcerting, not because of its sharpness, but because it is not
laying flat.  It seems to be falling on an incline.  I don't know if
your placement of the barn is physically sensible or not.  It may be one
of those moments when the brain won't accept the illustion no matter how
correctly it is mapped from reality.  This happens all the time when
painting or drawing.  The artist has to change the actual record of the
  tones or edge angles or whatever to get a result the mind accepts as
more convincing.