POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Miss you - WIP (Last update) : Re: Miss you - WIP (Last update) Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:19:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Miss you - WIP (Last update)
From: Alain
Date: 28 Dec 2004 21:22:18
Message: <41d214da$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Nikias nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004-12-28 20:19... :

>So, after christmas matters were resolved, I had some time again to work on
>the image. It is now in its "near final" state. I plan on adding some
>half-covered grass-blades in the closer vicinity of the forest and maybe the
>main tree, and want to experiment if I can get a little more variation onto
>the heightfield which goes way back into the distance, aside of that, no
>large changes or additions are planned, maybe a tweaking of details.
>
>This render took 1h20m for 768x1280, an increase of 1h on my 2.6GHz, 768 MB
>RAM, Win2000 System, all due to the media used for the sky-sphere with
>clouds. They're subtle and not too volumetric, just another touch to add
>some more life and color to the image.
>
>Technical note: peak memory used was 97 MB, so I think I'll add some more
>trees into places where you can't see them... ;-)
>
>If POV-Ray were a polygon-based renderer, I'd say the barn in the background
>is low-poly, but the way it is, its just very simple CSG with only a dozen
>or so objects, built in roughly half an hour. Suffices for the background.
>
>As always, suggestions and comments welcome, even though this is "near
>final".
>
>Regards,
>Tim

The barn in the background may be to colourfull, it draws the eye to it
to much. Old unpainted barns thend to be gray weathered wood. You may
try averaging the pigment used with 2/3 to 4/5 gray, or go totaly gray.
The clouds make the sky look more blue, unless you intensified it. Nice
winter sky!

Alain