POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Miss you - WIP (Last update) : Miss you - WIP (Last update) Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:17:58 EDT (-0400)
  Miss you - WIP (Last update)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 28 Dec 2004 20:19:53
Message: <41d20639@news.povray.org>
So, after christmas matters were resolved, I had some time again to work on
the image. It is now in its "near final" state. I plan on adding some
half-covered grass-blades in the closer vicinity of the forest and maybe the
main tree, and want to experiment if I can get a little more variation onto
the heightfield which goes way back into the distance, aside of that, no
large changes or additions are planned, maybe a tweaking of details.

This render took 1h20m for 768x1280, an increase of 1h on my 2.6GHz, 768 MB
RAM, Win2000 System, all due to the media used for the sky-sphere with
clouds. They're subtle and not too volumetric, just another touch to add
some more life and color to the image.

Technical note: peak memory used was 97 MB, so I think I'll add some more
trees into places where you can't see them... ;-)

If POV-Ray were a polygon-based renderer, I'd say the barn in the background
is low-poly, but the way it is, its just very simple CSG with only a dozen
or so objects, built in roughly half an hour. Suffices for the background.

As always, suggestions and comments welcome, even though this is "near
final".

Regards,
Tim

--