POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Announce: POVInclude Version 1.1.2 - xforms, doc updates and dialog box fixes : Re: Announce: POVInclude Version 1.1.2 - xforms, doc updates and dialog box fixes Server Time
15 May 2024 14:21:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announce: POVInclude Version 1.1.2 - xforms, doc updates and dialog box fixes
From: StephenS
Date: 28 Dec 2004 12:52:53
Message: <41d19d75@news.povray.org>
> I looked at the Moray docs and they said:
>
> "This checkbox specifies whether this object will be exported."
>
> What does checking or not checking the box "actually" do?
>
> Neil
What happens in code I have no idea.

The result is:
   checked, scene renders with the object
   unchecked, Moray does not include any information from your plugin in the
resulting (.pov) file. All information is still saved with the (.mdl) file.

Currently using your plugin, if I want to 'not' see the include as part of
the rendered image: I need to delete the plugin, or leave the filename
blank.

When I work on a scene, it is common for me to turn off/on (export/not
export) different objects to see what effect they have on the rendered
picture. Some objects increase the render time many times, so unless I'm
specifically working on that part of the scene, I will turn them off (not
export).

I do not want to recreate the plugin or look for the include filename very
time I test parts of the scene.

Hopes this helps.

Stephen