POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Terrain for Myst-Like Game III ~200 Kb : Re: Terrain for Myst-Like Game III ~200 Kb Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:15:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Terrain for Myst-Like Game III ~200 Kb
From: Aaron Gillies
Date: 28 Dec 2004 09:09:28
Message: <41d16918$1@news.povray.org>
>   That copper looks very nice and credible, but still a bit too new for
> something that was on the sea for years. The proportions seem still
> strange, like the mountain being too small in comparison with the metal
> structures...

Thanks.  Yes, after seeing Oskar's texture, I have realized that the
copper is not really corroded enough to look "realistic."  Still, I
don't know if I will change it too much, because I like the way it
looks!  And that is not a mountain.  It's a rock!

I guess I still have a lot of work to do. :)

Aaron