POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Transformer WIP2 (213 KB) + dirtmap (153 KB) : Re: Transformer WIP2 (213 KB) + dirtmap (153 KB) Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:42:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transformer WIP2 (213 KB) + dirtmap (153 KB)
From: JRG
Date: 27 Dec 2004 15:21:30
Message: <41d06eca@news.povray.org>
"Matt Burns" <mac### [at] wppl> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Hi!
>
> Nice to see you again. Your weathering technique is very interesting. Is
it
> made entirely in SDL? If so could you share the code? As I understand the
> green areas are of high dust accumulation. Are you going to render some
> other dirting/weathering phenomena e.g. mud sticking (Dropsnow Macro
Example
> by Tim Nikias might be useful), paint coat washing, paint coat scratching,
> rusting, etc.? I hope your Muse won't leave you till the whole project is
> complete.

Is it made entirely in SDL... yes and no. I'm just using a simple radiosity
render of the toy as... an accessibility pattern (sp?)... so... it's just an
image_map... to map it properly I'm using a simple function to project every
point onto the image plane... simple as that. I'm not going to render any
other dirting phenomenon... this is not meant to be a toy you can find er...
in a dump, you know... honestly... I have quite no idea of what scene to set
this thing in... BTW... sorry for my bad English... I'm not used to it
anymore.

Cheers!

--
Jonathan.